Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 1.3

Remember that time I used to blog?  

New Year, New Term.

Today was my first day with underclassman and I am quite thrilled to be back into the swing of things.  I have 3 students in my first hour class, 9 in my 2nd hour, and 4 in my 3rd hour.  4th hour is prep and I am so so happy with a much fuller schedule.  As I was on the phone with my mom right after I got home from work (4pm), I told her how exhausted I was after a full day.  I forgot what it feels like to have 5 million things to do at once.  Last semester was never like this!  But deep down, I feel happier because of my exhaustion.  I like exhausting myself because it's a physical indicator that I did my best, that I'm literally out of steam and need rest in order to go back and do it all over again, improving more and more each time.  

Overall my students seem great!  Some are siblings of the students from last term, but so far they are much better behaved.  It was a fabulous start to a new week and new term! :)

Please keep two of my students in your prayers.  They are brothers and their father tragically passed away on Friday afternoon from a heart attack.  The wake is Wednesday and the funeral is Thursday.  I can only imagine how many people will be coming through the wake and funeral.  They are expecting countless people.  It's so sad to see a community affected by a loss like this but amazing to hear how many people are stepping up to help the family and help prep for the upcoming services.


Well, this teacher needs her beauty rest.  6:30 comes awfully quick.

St. Paul, pray for us.
Holy Spirit, inspire us!

No comments:

Post a Comment