Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 8.3

Today was another good day at St. Paul's (in case you were wondering)!

Summary of today:  We are the Pro-Life Generation!  We spent most of class watching footage of the March for Life.  I'm glad EWTN had live streaming.  I even got to see my former grade school principals, Sr. Mary Sarah (!!!!!!!) be interviewed briefly!  That got me even more excited about the march, knowing she was there and some Duhawks!

Also, I used the same lesson from Term 1 on teaching about the life of Christ, his mission, and the mission he left for us!  I forgot to take a pic of the symbols but I broke it into 8- 1. Jesus' life 2. The Cross-Death and Victory 3. Resurrection 4. Ascension 5. Pentecost 6. The Church, the Body of Christ 7. Channel of Grace- mass, prayer and worship, sacraments... 8. His mission for us- Be disciples!  It was very interactive and filled with scripture and my own commentary.

Difference with the younger students is that they actually take notes when I ask them too...what a concept!  Let's just say only a few committed students from each term took notes.  I keep telling them that they are going to be the smartest Catholics in Manchy!  Which, I wouldn't be surprised.  I'm hoping they are able to be able to communicate the basics and not so basics of our faith confidently.  Pray that I  continue to find ways to keep my current students engaged.

Due to the frigid cold, wind, and windchill, no night class tonight. Womp womp...

We'll see if we have another 2 hour delay for tomorrow, or if we even have school.  (I just want the cold to go away!)  

St. Paul, pray for us!
Holy Spirit, inspire us!

No comments:

Post a Comment