Monday, January 27, 2014

Days 9 and 10.3

As you're probably aware, we had no school on this cold blustery day and school was already cancelled for tomorrow.  Since I am coming to the close of an extended weekend/day, I thought I'd blog about last Thursday and Friday.

Day 9.3, Thursday, January 23

It's hard to think back after a long weekend!  Hmm...I'll come back to this when I get a little more motivated to check what I had in my planner....not getting up from being warm under this blanket ; )

Day 10.3, Friday, January 24

On Friday, I introduced my students to the YouCat (Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church).  We read Pope Benedict XVI's explanation of the importance of being well educated in our faith, in TRUTH.  He encourages to know more than previous generations so that we are well equipped to live Jesus' mission in the face of trials, temptations, disagreement, and hostility.  His words touched me and I hope they did the same for my students.  We finished off a great first two weeks with playing the card game Spoons.  It was filled with so much competition and laughter.  I'm excited for a 3 day week with them!  

I MISS SCHOOL!  

Hope all of you are staying warm!

Side note: OLV, my grade school, will be keeping her doors open!  Thank you for your prayers!  God is great!  So proud of my parish, school, and the community, and to all who have pledged to help.  It still isn't too late to pledge!

St. Paul, pray for us!
Holy Spirit, inspire us!

No comments:

Post a Comment