Friday, August 16, 2013

Setting up my classroom

Inheriting your own classroom is one of the most exciting things for a new teacher.  For any of you that are aspiring teachers, be sure to come in a few days to CLEAN your classroom.  I can guarantee you that it will be dusty and it may appear like it had never been wiped down...because it probably hasn't.  I brought in a ton of cleaning supplies that I would normally use (old rags, lysol spray, wipes, windex, 409, and my handheld vacuum.)  I found cleaning supplies after I had already started to use mine, but it felt good to use what I'm used to. I'm a bit of a clean freak, if you didn't already know. It will smell much better after you clean and your classroom itself will be ready for a "fresh" start!  If you have a janitor they will probably clean your room to a certain extent, but in my case, we don't have a janitor, and I like to clean things my way, so there ya have it.  I'll stop blabbing about cleaning my classroom now!


This is what it looked like before I took over:





So I'm not a fan of the mural, but I can't do anything about it...

Scary Mary-you should have seen the other posters I've put in storage!

Old text books, etc.


Old Cork Board

This is what it looks like now! :)











New look for the cork board with a note to my students, a poem, and some pretty great role-models!  We are striving to be saints!








Day 1!  Assumption of Mary!

Between all of my classes, they created this in honor of Mary for the Assumption!  Just went up on the wall this morning! (8/16/2013)

Doesn't it look great?!  I love it!

More will be done to my classroom, but this is how it looks after Week 1!





No comments:

Post a Comment