Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Days 4 and 5

Hey everyone.  Before I give you a few updates, I thought I'd extend a huge THANK YOU-for all of your love, prayers, and support.  We thrive on companionship/relationships, and without you- I would shrivel up.  And trust me, I've felt some severe moments of doubt, loneliness, anxiety, and disappointment, so please, know that we all go through some kind of suffering, no matter how put together we appear.  I noticed my blogs make my life seem like it's PERFECT.  And really, I do have it pretty darn good, but one thing I'm currently lacking is a community of friends here.  Thankfully we have social media and I own a vehicle so I can go see existing friends! 

I was in Dubuque over the last 24+ hours visiting friends, attending the New Faith Formation Leaders Orientation at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center today, watching some of my favorite people in Dubuque move :(, and attending another meeting in Dyersville tonight.  My life used to be this busy ALL the time, but since the move and life after my college graduation, it's been much quieter, with a lot of things happening over the last few months- both exciting and tragic.  

What I'm trying to get at is that our relationship with God is the one thing that will ultimately determine how things are truly well or unwell with our souls.  With or without Jesus, we will experience suffering, which will ultimately unite us closer to Him.  So what's the point of letting Jesus into your life?  I propose that not allowing Him in is pointless!  

On Tuesday in my classes, I posed the questions "Who is Jesus?" and "Who/What is the Church?"  We didn't quite get to the second question, but this Jesus guy...man!  Hard to summarize all He did, and we really can't keep it in the past, because Jesus continues to open the eyes of our hearts and transform our lives...if we all Him to!

Today was day 5 as a teacher and I was at the meetings all day/seeing Loras friends! (S/O to Col, Amy, Chels, Anne, Teresa, Teresa, Jessica, and Zach!) While my students were hanging out with the youth minister that subbed for me, I was being empowered by our newly appointed Archbishop, Michael Jackels.  What a great servant of our Lord!  

You want to know what he said is the most important job of the entire Church?  To teach and form the youth and the people around us.  So that made me explode with joy, excitement, etc.  But hey, while I'm doing this as my "job", this is the Baptisimal call that we are all expected to respond to!  And let me tell you, a lot of people have taught me what it's like to live a full life in Christ (S/O to my parents, sister, too many friends to explicitly mention, the Dominican Sisters of Nashville, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, MARGIE! :), etc).  We are expected to hold one another accountable and bring each other to Christ. Also, think about it this way.  We are all bearers of God.  If God dwells within each of us, then every single human being demands our respect.  Where do you see neglect in your communities?  Go and try to remedy that!

I'm really striving for my students to understand more about God but more importantly have a personal relationship with Him.  Please join me in praying for them, and their parents, who are truly the people that made it possible to come into existence with God's intention as well!  "We are souls.  We have bodies."  That was said by C.S. Lewis and he couldn't be more right!  Let's live well and strive to recognize God in everyone.  

Please join me in praying for our families, friends, and the people we come into contact with regularly- that they may experience the love of God and His redeeming love continually.  We must make the decision daily to serve Him!

Check out my friends, two seminarians, praying Wednesday Night Prayer and pray with them and all Christians around the world praying this prayer tonight!

Thanks again everyone.  I needed the last two days.

***Tomorrow is a big day! My little sister is heading off to college!  (Pray for her and my parents in a special way, now that they'll be empty nesters, and as Mary embarks on her college journey.)  I cannot wait to hug and kiss all of them tomorrow!  

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment