Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 12

Have you read Life Teen's article yet regarding Robin Thicke's song "Blurred Lines" and his "performance" with Miley Cyrus on the VMAs?

If not, please do before reading the rest of my blog.  "It's Not Blurry" articulates everything I talked about with my students during our first full week in addition to our conversation yesterday.  

We then transitioned into our class studying the EUCHARIST!  Bah!  I should have just recorded my lesson today.  I thought it went really well.  I'm feeling quite sluggish right now.  Didn't sleep very well last night and the heat today is super gross.  The air in my apartment is doing it's best to keep me cool.  I'm waiting for my new couch to be delivered and thought I'd fill the time with blogging about today!  :)  

Anyway, my students seemed to be listening to me talk about how great the sacrament of the Eucharist is and were taking notes.  Most of them were.  One student that never writes notes was actually writing stuff down!  It was so exciting!  I anxiously checked out what he wrote after I dismissed his class.  This is what I found:

Nothing like fooling your teacher by doodling you name all over the handout...  ;)

Next class (Tuesday), I'm going to share a couple personal stories of my experiences with the Blessed Sacrament- a time at mass, a Eucharistic miracle (which I did not witness), and talk about what Adoration of the blessed sacrament is.  I'm not sure if they have ever prayed during adoration before.  Our cluster only offers once a month of the First Friday of every month during school hours : (  We will probably take a field trip to pray one class :)

Anyway, GO make disciples and enjoy your 3 day weekend!  

God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment